Thursday, 7 March 2013

Akira's Mac and Cheese!!!

Hi All,
The weekend is almost here which means kicking back and taking it easy, strolls on the beach or walks in the park. I just luurve weekends :)

Weekends are also when mom is given a bit of a break from banging the pots n pans and the girls take over. One even does dishes while the other does the cooking. I am ONE PROUD MOMMY!!!

So here I must mention that my girls are 10, 7 and 6. Nikke being the eldest, Akira next and Storm bringing up the rear. By now ya'll know that I have given birth to my very own Chef de Brigade coz my chicks are forever in the kitchen with me, even my Nikke when she comes to visit from granny's house too! So today Akira's gonna show you how its done!

Akira's Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 packet of macaroni
1 kg beef mince
Some garlic
1 chopped onion
1 tblsp sugar
Some oil
Spices of your choice
2 cups mix frozen veggies
Some All Gold Tomato Sauce
Some Mrs Ball's Fruit Chutney
1 pk Knorr mushroom soup
Salt and pepper
CHEESE

Method:

Boil your water with some salt and a dollop of oil. Add in your macaroni and cook till el dente
In a pan, heat your oil and add your garlic, onion and sugar. Fry together. Now add your mince and fry till cooked, add your spices too. Dollop in some tomato sauce and chutney and stir. Add in your frozen veggies and a little water and simmer until veggies are soft. Now mix your soup with cold water and add to your mince. Simmer gently until thick and yummy! Bomb your mince and macaroni together. Bake in a preheated oven (180C) for about 15 minutes. You can either grate the cheese over before you bake it or afterwards if you don't like crackly cheese. Akira says I must tell you to enjoy this with a yummy salad :)

Stormy made us some delicious roast chicken drumsticks, potato and carrots mashed together and some mixed veg!!! She's one very clever chick :). I will share her recipe tomorrow!
Don't forget to send me an email with any recipe's that you might like to share or just to comment :) shantsjlucas@gmail.com
Also, why not take a look at the other blogs featured on the right hand side of this page!

Have a great Thursday peeps!
Chef Shants xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I miss you guys soooo very much wish I could just climb on a plain and come visit you! :'(... It looks Fabulous. I do expect it when I come visit ok?? :) love you cuzzz keep on rocking

    ReplyDelete