Monday, 4 March 2013

Creamy Shortbread

Hi All!

Let's start this week off with a BANG! I'm a bit sad because that job I got didn't quite work out but its okay; on to bigger and better things! You just can't keep a good dog down!
On Friday, last week, I did a blog about Johnny Depp and his favourite food; so I feel its only fair I also do a blog for Craig; my gorgeously, epically, awesome husband whom I love more and more each and every day.........and obviously more than Johnny Depp. *sorry Johnny, you're awesome but Craig's awesomer. LOL :-P
Craig's favourite sweet stuff is:  everything sweet! But I had to narrow it down a bit otherwise my blog would be as long as a Stephen King novel and you'd be sitting here reading till the cows came home.
My chicks and I decided that we would spoil dad with at least one of his favourite goodies, shortbread. So this is our shortbread recipe:

Chef Shants's Shortbread. (Try saying that 20 times fast! :P)
Ingredients:
150g plain flour
100g salted butter
50g castor sugar








Method:
1. Heat your oven to 160C.
2. In a bowl, cream together your butter and sugar then mix in your flour gradually until you've got a soft ball of dough.
3. Now roll it out about 1/2 centimetre thick and cut it into any shape you like.  I like to gently prod mine with a fork once the shapes are cut and they're placed on a lined baking sheet. I do this for decoration more than any actual reason. 4. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes and then leave to cool. Once its almost cooled, sprinkle some castor sugar over the top!
My girls and I really had some fun baking this and I was even spoiled by Akira who did the dishes for me. Stormy licked the bowl and whisk and in my eyes that counts as helping with the dishes too. (I did re-wash them once they were spotlessly licked, haha, you know, for hygiene purposes).

All we can say is that Craig munched like it was 2013 on these babies! (The biscuits, not our kids!). The girls also climbed in and polished off a few, they like to have their shortbread with milk, Craig loves his with coffee and me.......need I even say anything? Tea of course :-D.
Tomorrow I'm sharing my famous buttermilk vetkoek recipe - for my international friends: you are gonna love this traditional SA food, I know it!  Have a great Monday everyone, and remember, there's only one Monday in a week so make the best of it :)

No children were harmed in the making of this shortbread.
Chef Shants xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment