Wednesday, 27 March 2013

FUNKY BERRIES

Hi peeps!

So I've been recovering from the flu and while I've been sick I've also been craving biscuits. (Of all the things to crave......*sigh*) and I thought I'd share some awesomely different recipes with you today. I must also add that my girls have been marvellous and have been nursing me back to health like real little doctors; omw; I feel more and more blessed every day with them and hope to be fully recovered for the easter egg hunt on the weekend! Can't believe that Easter is already here....where did the time go?
Today I have three easy recipes for you and hope that you'll enjoy making them as much as myself and my girls have!

Cathy Matthews Decadent Strawberries
Ingredients
Punnets of de-stemmed Strawberries, washed
Punnet of Blueberries, washed
Some sugar
Your fav bar of chocolate (Cathy uses Hersheys, I like Cadbury's or Bourneville Dark Chocolate)
Whipped Cream or Custard

Method:
De-stem your strawberries and make a small hole in its centre, enough to fit a blueberry in. Stand these strawberries on their points in a round glass bowl, fill the bowl so that the strawberries help hold each other up. Pop a blueberry in each strawberry and then fill the hole with sugar. Melt down your fav choccie and drizzle generously over the top to seal the berries inside. You can eat these with Whipped cream or custard.

Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate Sauce
Ingredients:
1kg packet of Mixed Frozen Berries (can get them from Woolies or buy some berries, mix them and freeze)
3slabs white chocolate (I like using Milkybar)
A dash of cream.

Method:
In a double boiler, melt down your 3 bars of choc and add a dash of cream once they're melted. Pop a generous amount of frozen berries in a pudding glass and then pour the hot white chocolate over the berries. Serve immediately.




Blueberry and Blackberry Pizza
Ingredients:
1 homemdade or store-bought pizza base
1 tub Feta Cheese, plain
2cups blue and blackberries
2 tblspn either basil or mint
Weeny bit of black pepper
A dash of balsamic vinegar.

Method:
Place all your ingredients on the pizza base and bake until base is golden brown. Dash some balsamic vinegar over just before serving.
This pizza is berry berry nice! Lol

And that's our yummy berry recipes for today!! I'm nuts about berries and will do a couple more berry recipes soon. Have an awesome wednesday!

Be Berry Happy, peeps!

Chef Shants. Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment