Thursday, 14 March 2013

Shant's Stir Fry

Hi peeps!

One more day to go then we have our Friday! Too cool for school, really :-D. Well, so far there's been quite a bit of stuff I've chatted about this week and I forgot to tell ya'll about my experience at the shops with the girls the other day. So here we are minding our own business and doing our shopping; on our way to the exit; Akira yells: "What's that, Stormy?" and Stormy yells back: "Its a hairyshopper! A hairyshopper, Mommy, LOOK!!". So now, naturally, I'm looking around to spot this unfortunate shopper who resembles Cousin It and is in dire need of some Veet Hair Removal Cream......only for Akira to say: "Look! There it is, Mom" and points to the helicopter passing quite near to the shopping centre. So I get down on my haunches and ask Stormy: "Is that what you saw, baby? A helicopter?" And she says back to me: "Well that's what I told you, mommy! Its a hairyshopper!!". OH MY GIDDY AUNT!!!! The way I was laughing so loud! I think I scared the car guards coz they were looking just about ready to pepperspray my laughing ass. *sigh* Its worth being a mother just for these moments alone <3.

And it just so happens that we had delicious Stir Fry on that day. So to commemorate all the hairyshoppers out there, here's my Stir Fry recipe:

Ingredients:
Some oil
A tsp of crushed garlic
1 cup Thinly sliced carrots
1 cup Thinly sliced red + green+ yellow peppers
1 cup Thinly chopped onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced pineapple
500g beef strips/ chicken strips /pork strips
1 tablespoon apricot jam
Kikomon Soy Sauce
Salt and pepper
Wasabi and ginger (if desired)

Method:
1 heat oil in a large frying pan or a wok if you have one. Add the meat and toss through oil until it is sealed.
2. Add more oil and garlic, toss through with meat.
3. Add all your veggies and fry till cooked through but still crispy.
4 Add salt/pepper, pineapple, apricot jam and give it a good stir.
5. Drizzle over some Kikomon Soy Sauce and toss through stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Serve on a bed of fried egg rice or with egg noodles and with wasabi and ginger for those who are braver than I am. Serves 4
And you guessed it. I was tossing beef strips with julienned veggies and still chuckling quite wonderfully to my mad self. Now I just can't seem to get it out my head! I did correct Stormy, of course, but whose gonna correct me now when I say it out loud?!

Have a wonderful Thursday, hairyshoppers.

Chef Shants xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment