Friday, 8 March 2013

Stormy Cooks!!!

Hi peeps!

Its Friday!!! Need I say another word more? I am so excited to be baking a birthday cake for my darling cousin, Charne Wessels! Its gonna be her birthday soon and its time for me to get my creative juices flowing and whip up something totally awesome for this epic chick! I can't deny, I have the coolest, nuttiest family EVAH and I am absolutely blessed! A huge shout out to the entire Wessels, Bezuidenhout, *Oberem and
Lucas peeps!!! Ya'll kick ass and chew bubblegum!

So yesterday Akira showed you how to make yummy mac and cheese. Today, Storm (mommy's little hurricane child) is going to show you how to make a gorgeous Sunday lunch! Aren't I lucky to have such
sweet little chef's?!!!

Stormy's Sunday Lunch

Ingredients: (roast chicken)

8 chicken drumsticks
Chicken spice
Garlic and parsley spice
Salt
Pepper
olive oil





Method:

Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Rinse your drumsticks and pat them dry, pop them in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Spice them generously all over. Bake until cooked through and golden brown.

 Potato and Carrot Mash:
Ingredients:
6 soft cooking potatoes peeled and cubed
2 cups fresh baby carrots
2 tbsp salted butter
Pinch salt
Some brown sugar.

Method:
Boil your carrots and potatoes together in some salted water until very soft. Strain water and then add butter. Mash with a masher until almost smooth. Sprinkle over some brown sugar and mash again. (You can do it savoury and add more salt and pepper instead of sugar).
Serve the roast chicken and potato/carrot mash with steamed mix veg!

And this is how Stormy does it! For all her peeniebudduhs and wompies and funny words and ideas, I can't deny, at 6 years old, she kicks butt in the kitchen!!!

Have yourselves an uber weekend peeps! Check ya'll on Monday!

Chef Shants xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment