Peanutbutter Puffins with Unsweetend Almond Milk
1/2 c. Organic Oat Flour
1/2 c. dry medium-grind corn meal
1/3 c. smooth organic peanut butter
1 1/4 c. unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp. sweet organic brown rice syrup
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (180C)
2. Mix together dry ingredients first, then add wet ones. Stir until no lumps.
3. Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (foil will work if sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, but not as well, trust me!). I wasn’t able to spread the goop (hehe) all the way to each edge, but close enough. Just spread out until pretty thin (a lil less than 1/4 inch should work).
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until it starts browning at the edges.
5. Remove from oven, remove parchment paper (with goop) from cookie sheet and cut into one inch slices. Then put the slices back onto the cookie sheet and into the oven to crisp a bit more. I left ‘em in for an additional 10 minutes, flipping half way. They got really nice and crisp! Remove from oven and YUMMO!
They taste even better after they’ve been refrigerated.
Note: if you like your Puffins a little sweeter, add 1/2 tbsp. more brown rice syrup. As they are, there are more savory than they are sweet.
Well, Nina, there you go! An awesome recipe for your peanutbutter puffins with almond milk. Enjoy girlfriend! Hope you all do too. Have a great weekend all and see you bright eyed but not so bushy tailed on Monday.
Chef Shants xxxxx