Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup! (4)

Hi peeps!

Omw, I am so excited to tell you. As I mentioned in the blog yesterday; I was sitting somewhere really special, on my way to somewhere really special! We took the Greyhound bus and travelled 600km to visit my parents and eldest daughter, Nikke! We arrived quite late last night and will be here for a long visit! I am so excited!

Will also be blogging about my holiday in the next few days! I also had to share the following anecdote with you. On Friday last week, Craig bought be a slab of Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate and I sat eating a square while the kids ate their dinner. They scarfed it down just to get some choc only to be horrified at how the chocolate tastes. Akira is like "eeew mommy its so bitter! Chocolate is supposed to be sweet!" And Stormy sat here pulling a hectic disgusted face. She soema says to me "if I knew the chocolate would taste so bad; I wouldve eaten my potatoes slower!" Hahahahaha. Oh goodness! I had such a good laugh!

Well, on with today's blog. My poor brother came down with a really bad flu last week and my sister in law, Evie, asked me to please blog about homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. First off, did you know that:

1.) The ingredients in chicken noodle soup / chicken broth are beneficial for healing colds and flu and joint ailments. Its a healing remedy!
2.) It promotes longevity and boosts digestability of foods eaten in conjucntion with it.
3.) It reduces inflammation of nasal cells as its an anti-inflammatory.
4.) Its a massive source of protein and the amino acids required for strong muscles, body tissue, skin and hair. Its also brilliant for healthy bones and teeth because its high in calcium.
5.) It promotes weight loss and reduces abdominal fats quicker than the average diet. It also boosts metabolism. Especially when made with carrots, celery and onions which are also high in vitamin A - can you say healthy eye sight?!
6.) It supports a healthy liver function (a brilliant hangover remedy coupled with lots of water)
7.) It releases a "feel-good" hormone that soothes, warms and relaxes you from the inside out!

Here is my very own Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:

Ingredients:
1 litre homemade chicken stock made from leftover chicken bones.
3 celery sticks cleaned and roughly chopped.
6 carrots, cleaned and roughly chopped.
2 medium white onions, peeled and roughly chopped.
3 medium skinless chicken breasts roughly chopped
500g of spaghetti
Salt to taste
5ml Lemon pepper or/and black pepper
10ml freshly chopped parsley and rosemary
Some olive oil
1 heaped tablespoon of crushed garlic.
1tsp of grated ginger.

Method:
Gently fry the chicken breasts in the olive oil with the garlic and ginger till browned and sealed. Add the vegetables and the herbs and spices and gently fry together for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock/ broth and simmer over slow heat for 30 minutes stirring occassionally. Do your salt test. Snap the spaghetti strands into 3 and add to the pot.
Simmer for a further 10 minutes.

Serve hot with either toast, croutons or fresh buttered buns.

If you have Aromat, it could be a good idea to add some of that too.

See you tomorrow for another awesome blog peeps!

Keep warm this winter
Chef Shants xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment