Tuesday, 30 July 2013
And how are ya'll on this very fine day? Can't believe that Kate and Will's bundle of royal joy arrived last week and that its been 30 years since The Empire Strikes Back premiered. Just take a look at Chewie and Han here............ Where does the time go? Seems there just isn't enough time these days. Here are two recipes that don't take that much time to make but are still yummy to munch:
Worlds Best Chocolate No Bake Bars
Looks so good, I bet you didn't guess they are GOOD FOR YOU!
Made with coconut oil & honey instead of sugar!
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil (be sure to use unrefined for the coconut flavor)
2 cups dry oats (not instant)
1 C shredded coconut
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
1 t vanilla extract
Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil over medium-low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until chocolate is entirely melted. Pour into a 9x13 pan and cool in the fridge. When it's set, cut into bars and enjoy. Store in the fridge. If they last that long!
2 cups yellow squash, finely chopped (can also use butternut or pumpkin)
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
2. In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
3. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
4. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
5. Drain croquettes on paper towels.
6. Serve plain or sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon. A drizzle of honey or syrup or with grated cheese and finely chopped tomato for a more savoury version. You could also eat them with a dollop of cream cheese and chopped chives or add thinly sliced chilli for a bit of a kick!
These two recipes are worth tagging in your "quick and easy recipes" file!
Got a quick 'n easy recipe to share? Email it to email@example.com with two pics of the final product and share some food love. <3
Seems we are out of time for today peeps!
Star Wars Fan Chef Shants xxxxx