Flirty Friday is here and with it comes the weekly Eat Like blog where peeps are celebrities and the food is worth celebrating ;). the spotlight swings and glares down upon none other than Ben Affleck and word on the street is that he is to be our next Batman! Wonder if Matt Damon will play Robin? Hope and pray that he does the roll justice, he didn't do too bad in The Town so let's hold thumbs yes, because so far there are quite a lot of unhappy people out there regarding this choice. Anyhoo;
Okay, so seeing as Ben likes roast chicken; let's get the next Batman drooling at the mouth for this delicious chicken recipe:
MEDIEVAL CHICKEN WITH WHOLE GARLIC CLOVES - bbc food
- 1 small packet saffron threads
- 400ml/14fl oz white wine
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 small garlic bulbs
- 5cm/2in piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8.
2. Soak the saffron in a little of the wine. Rub the chicken all over with the pepper and cinnamon and place the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
3. Cut the tops off the garlic bulbs so you can see the cloves and arrange them around the chicken with the ginger. Pour a little olive oil into the garlic bulbs and pour the saffron and remaining wine around the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and place in the oven.
4. Roast for 20 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 170C/325F/Gas 3 and cook for another 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through. Baste the chicken and garlic regularly during cooking.
Serve with warm crusty bread and a fresh garden salad!
Seeing as its weekend; why not give this recipe a try? Go on! You know you want to! Invite some peeps over and razzle and dazz them with your funky skillet skills!!! I have FAITH in you!! Have one awesome weekend, you beautiful people, you. See ya'll on the flip side.
Fantastic Friday hugs*
Chef Shants xxxxx